Brighten up your new kitchen with under cabinet lighting
You’ve probably heard of kitchen pendant lights, overhead lighting, or chandelier lighting. These kitchen lighting options add personality to the room and bring a touch of color and style to any kitchen. For example, a modern farmhouse kitchen might feature exposed light bulbs with wood features for a down-to-earth aesthetic. In contrast, a more modern kitchen may have gold pendants or a sparkly chandelier as a visual focal point. Depending on your personal preference and your home’s style, your kitchen lighting can totally be a game-changer for the look of your space. It’s something you need to consider when remodeling your kitchen.
Another type of lighting that homeowners sometimes overlook is under cabinet lighting. These are lights that are attached underneath your cabinets, providing ample light above your countertops. These lights add a subtle but strong effect in your kitchen, highlighting the countertops and surrounding appliances. Under cabinet lighting brings out the color and vibrancy of your new granite or quartz countertops and have the potential to be a great addition to any kitchen, no matter what decorating style you prefer.
Benefits of under cabinet lighting
Most kitchens still continue to use standard, overhead lighting, so a kitchen with under cabinet lighting will stand out compared to the rest. Plus, under cabinet lighting is simple to install and extra convenient, especially for those late-night refrigerator runs. Here are a few more benefits of choosing under cabinet lighting in your home:
- More versatility in lighting options: You’ll have more options when it comes to brightening your kitchen. If it’s late at night, for example, you can easily turn on the under cabinet lighting for a softer, less harshly bright look.
- Beautiful, subtle glow to your kitchen: Under cabinet lighting provides a soft glow in your kitchen, setting the mood for a more peaceful and relaxing atmosphere.
- Better visuals when cooking or cleaning: This benefit is a no-brainer—you’ll be able to see your food and cooking more clearly with additional lights installed!
- Energy- and cost-efficient: Instead of lighting up the entire kitchen each time you walk in the room, you can save energy by only using the under cabinet lights. Additionally, these lights are cheap and easy to install.
- Eliminates dark shadows: Say goodbye to dark, hidden corners of your kitchen when you install under cabinet lights.
- Higher interior value: When it comes time to sell your home, potential buyers will appreciate the look of under cabinet lights because it makes the kitchen feel a little more complete and highlights its best features, namely the new countertops, cabinets, and appliances.
You’ll notice the difference almost immediately. Under cabinet lights bring an extra layer of warmth and brightness to any kitchen, no matter how large or small. You don’t need to have an unlimited budget for these lights, either. They’re affordable and add a simple touch of elegance to your home! When you’re chopping up vegetables at the counter, you’ll be thankful you have a little extra lighting to see clearly.
Other lighting features your kitchen needs
While you’re exploring under cabinet lighting options, check out these additional kitchen lighting features that can spruce up any kitchen space:
- Vent hood lighting
- Wall-mounted lighting or sconces
- Metallic or textured lights
- Lighting over the sink
- Mix-and-match lighting pendants
- Bold-colored lighting
Your lighting options are almost endless! You can find additional lighting inspiration in popular home magazines or from your favorite home decor accounts or bloggers. The beauty of kitchen lighting is that there’s no right or wrong answer—whatever look you love can work great in your kitchen, provided you have the space to make it work.
If you want to make a bold statement with your kitchen lighting, try gold pendant lights over the island or a pair of big, industrial hood lights. If you want a more subtle, traditional look, go with recessed lighting. For more creativity, install cabinet lights and island lighting, so your whole kitchen can glow with a modern feel! Remember, your lighting choices can change the entire look and perception of your kitchen.
Get started on your kitchen remodel today
If you’ve been putting off your kitchen remodel, now is the time to get started. Don’t wait another few months for your to-do list to pile up. Call the experts at Superior Stone & Cabinet in Phoenix, Arizona.
We have a team of professional design consultants who can help take your vision and bring it to life. We have affordable options and creative ideas for lighting, countertops, cabinets, and more! Visit our website or call us today to schedule a free estimate from our design experts.