You spend a majority of your time in your home, whether you’re eating, sleeping, creating memories with family, or spending time with friends. Every so often, you may itch for a change or a new look. Whether you’ve got your eye on new countertops for your kitchen or you want to replace that bathroom vanity, a renovation of any kind can be a big commitment. You should be able to have a stress-free renovation that is simple, straightforward, and affordable. That’s where we come in.
Superior Stone & Cabinet is your premier provider and installer of cabinets, counters, flooring, and more. We know the ins-and-outs of planning a stress-free renovation, from the initial blueprint stage to laying the final tile into place or installing the backsplash. A great bedroom, bathroom, or kitchen renovation takes time, planning, and scheduling. If you’re already feeling overwhelmed, call us and start with a free estimate from our team!
Tips and tricks for remarkable renovations
Do all the research you can before jumping into a major home project. Before you start swinging a sledgehammer, consider following these tips to ensure your renovation is a success:
- Plan ahead: You may have heard the popular construction saying, “Measure twice, cut once.” This means that the more thorough and careful your planning is, the smoother the actual project execution will be. At Superior Stone & Cabinet, our planning process involves meeting with one of our renovation experts to make your vision come to life. We use blueprints, digital renderings, and photographs to build your dream room before the real room is ever touched!
- Make a schedule: For the most part, a renovation project can’t be completed in one day. Remodeling takes time and effective scheduling. For example, if you have children at home or want to leave on vacation, you’ll need to keep that in mind when opening your home to professionals. If you want a brand-new kitchen, plan to eat out during some meals, since your kitchen will look like a construction zone for at least some period of time. By setting a realistic timetable, you can know when the project will start, how long each step will take, and when the renovation will be done! If you’re working with the team here at Superior, we’ll provide you with a precise timetable for our work ahead of the start of the project.
- Be patient: Knowing that most projects can’t be completed overnight, you can rest easy when you follow your schedule. Patience is the key to a great remodeling project. If you become impatient and rush the job, the final result may be less-than-ideal. Our team of installers and construction experts will respect your home and property and listen to your needs. By being patient in return and waiting for the end result, you can make the process that much smoother.
Mistakes to avoid
During your renovation, there are some potential mishaps you’ll want to avoid. Check out some of these mistakes that can be easily avoided:
- Not speaking up: If, during your renovation, you notice a paint color that doesn’t seem right, say something! It’s easier to make changes when an issue is noticed right away. If you wait until the very end of the project to say something, you’ll have to wait even longer for the new result. Open communication is the key to a successful renovation.
- Making snap decisions: With hundreds of countertop options and dozens of cabinet features to sort through, you don’t want to make any quick decisions that you’ll regret later. For example, if you rush through the design or planning phase and realize that you really wanted a spice drawer or a pull-out feature in your cabinet, you’ll wish you had picked that option earlier. You should make each renovation decision with care, taking into account your daily routine, preferences, and needs.
- Trying to do your own remodel: A DIY approach can initially sound attractive and affordable, but you could be making many mistakes along the way. Using incorrect tools or trying to paint your own cabinets can be tiresome, frustrating, and ineffective. Our professional team knows how to tackle your project and save you money along the way!
Your one-stop spot for counters, flooring, tile, and more
Whether you want a new standalone bathtub, a white quartz countertop, or new flooring for the bedroom, call the team at Superior Stone & Cabinet! We’ve been in this business for decades and we can point you and your home in the right direction. Our 60,000 sq/ft warehouse is full of options available to you today! We can make your next remodeling project easy, affordable, and even fun.