When you’re cooking, cleaning, and entertaining in your kitchen, that room of your home can see more wear-and-tear than the rest of your home put together. If you have limited cabinet space or an awkward kitchen layout, you could find yourself struggling to make full use of your kitchen on a daily basis. Why work around these kitchen stumbling blocks when you can improve your home with new kitchen features that make this your favorite room in the house.
Even simple kitchen add-ons can greatly change your kitchen situation. Contrary to popular belief, these additions don’t have to cost an arm and a leg. With a professional design and installation company like Superior Stone & Cabinet, you can work within your budget to find features that fit your home best. For a free estimate, call us today.
Cabinet add-ons and improvements
Upgrading your cabinets and drawers with a new color and finish is a great move to make in any kitchen, but did you know you can also include other cabinet features when you replace your cabinets, such as lift-up cabinets, soft-close cabinets, and corner drawers? You can customize your cabinets to best suit your personal needs. For example, if you want easy access to your spices, you can add a vertical spice drawer with multiple levels that fits nicely between your oven and your other cabinets. That’s a kitchen feature that will directly lead to some great cooking!
Choosing the best countertop for your home
Any kitchen renovation should include some type of countertop improvement. When it comes to countertop materials, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed with the amount of options available. Do you go with butcher block, quartz, or granite? What color of countertop or look will pair best with your cabinets?
Depending on your cooking habits, personal preferences, and maintenance capabilities, you’ll be able to narrow down your wide number of options to a countertop that you love. Superior Stone & Cabinet has hundreds of countertop options to choose from, and we’re with you every step of the way! We have expert consultants who can provide advice and tips on picking the right material for your remodel.
Hidden kitchen features
When you work with a professional company like Superior Stone & Cabinet here in Phoenix, you even have options for hidden kitchen features that will greatly improve your life. For example, you can add a cutting board drawer that easily pops in and out of place when you need it for quick cutting. There are no-spill protectors you can add underneath your sink for easy wiping and fast cleanup. If you like the look of glass cabinet fronts, those can be added as well! There are almost endless options for your kitchen, and it all starts with your design dream or vision.
Here are just a few hidden kitchen features that can greatly improve your home:
- Floating shelves: A floating shelf is not part of an enclosed cabinet and doesn’t feature a swing-open door. These shelves are mostly decorative, but they also offer creative space solutions for homeowners wanting to display their best kitchen items. If you are working with a smaller kitchen, floating shelves are a good choice to make the space appear larger and less cramped.
- Soft-close and lift-up cabinets: These cabinet features add variety to your space. With soft-close doors, you can avoid the loud banging that accompanies many cabinets. Lift-up cabinets are usually attached to the countertop on the lowest level and provide more room to store bread, butter, or produce on your counter without it being in sight of all your guests.
- Pull-out cabinets with lazy Susans: Have you ever been on your hands-and-knees, searching for a pan that’s hidden in the deep caverns of a corner cabinet? With a new pull-out cabinet and lazy Susan, you’ll be able to reach those pots and pans without hassle. The definitive spinning feature of a built-in lazy Susan makes it easy to find and store kitchen items.
- Vertical drawers: Like the spice rack drawer we mentioned, vertical drawers add a nice visual element to your space. They’re also highly functional—you can use vertical drawers for easy-to-reach items like spices or utensils.
- Plate drawers: These larger drawers are often located on the kitchen island or near the oven. They are long, deep drawers suited to fit your plates, instead of having to stack heavy plates on high shelves. These drawers often feature wooden pegs to separate and organize fine china or plates. A drawer for your plates make it easier for storage and entertainment.
See the selection that Superior has to offer
With so many choices and design options, place your dream kitchen in the hands of the experts at Superior Stone & Cabinet. We offer wholesale prices and have a 60,000 sq/ft warehouse for you to explore! Think outside the box, and your kitchen could become a new oasis for you to enjoy. Contact us for a free estimate, or come visit our showroom to speak with one of our designers.