A lot of homeowners find it difficult to make a decision about laminate floorings. This is mainly because of the fact that they come in so many shapes, colors and sizes and other specifications. Furthermore, it is also made to appear as other materials. However, this is the real beauty of laminate flooring in Phoenix since unlike other flooring materials; it offers the most extensive range of options.
Why Should You Choose Laminate Flooring?
There are several reasons to choose laminate flooring in Phoenix, such as durability, price, and maintenance, etc. When compared to other kinds of flooring materials, such as natural stone or wood, laminated boards are economically priced, which is one of the major reasons for their popularity. Also, the material is durable which makes it easier and functional to be used in all areas of the home.
While it is suitable to use any type of material in low foot traffic areas of the house, such as a study or a bedroom, living rooms and hallways need something more durable. Laminate flooring in Phoenix truly shines in this regard. Besides being scratch resistant, it is heat and moisture resistant and stain proof as well. The material is durable and easy to maintain. Unlike stone floor and wood which needs to be mopped, cleaned and polished regularly, laminated floorings need minimal maintenance. To make laminate flooring as good as new, you only need to clean it using a vacuum cleaner and damp mop.
With other materials, you will have to consider which one to install in specific rooms of the house. For example, a kitchen floor should be strong enough to withstand leaks and spills. The same goes for bathrooms and laundry areas. Contrarily, nursery floors have to be easy to clean and hygienic. However, when it comes to bedrooms, everyone wants comfortable and easy to clean floorings so they can walk barefoot without any qualms. Besides functionality, you will also want to consider aesthetics and visual appeal.
How to Clean Laminate Floorings
- Vacuum the floorings regularly and ensure using soft brush attachments from the vacuum cleaner in order to avoid scrapes.
- Ensure wiping up spills quickly, using a dry, clean and soft cloth so the spills do not seep into the floor.
- To pick up pet hair and clean small areas of dirt, use a soft, damp piece of cloth so grime does not fall back on the floor. To clean larger areas, make use of a damp mop to remove grime, dirt, hair and crumbs easily from the floor.
- Never polish or wax laminate flooring in Phoenix since certain chemicals found in these products can damage the flooring. Moreover, due to the density of the flooring material, the wax will not stick to the surface.
- Do not use harsh cleaners and steel wool to clean the floor.
- Avoid using excessive amounts of water over the floor to avoid ‘ringlets’ from appearing.
- Keep grime and dirt away by putting rugs and mats at all entryways.
It is very easy to preserve the durability and beauty of the floor for many years to come by following the aforementioned strategies.