Kitchen Cabinet Trends for 2016
Kitchens are can be one of the most trafficked rooms in your home. It should be a place you want to spend your time in to prepare meals for your family or to bake yummy treats. For many homeowners, remodeling their kitchen is at the top of their New Year’s resolution list. If you are one of them looking to upgrade your kitchen, the kitchen cabinet you select will help to set the mood for the entire space. It is important to incorporate what is popular in the design as well as infusing your own personal style to the space. Our team of experts are here to help you determine what to take into consideration and some of the top kitchen cabinet trends in Phoenix for 2016.
Where to start when selecting kitchen cabinets
The hardest place to begin when remodeling your kitchen is determining what kitchen cabinets will work best for you and your family in regards to functionality and design. While you strive for your space to be appealing to the eye, you also want it to be a breeze to find important items when your space is in use.
When getting started on a remodeling project, the first thing we ask our customers to consider is the functionality of their space. You want to invest your money in cabinets that work well for you and your space. When beginning your 3-D mock-up, we ask you what your end goal is for the project. When selecting cabinet options, it is important to keep in mind these three tips.
- Optimize your space: We often see clients leaving valuable space unused because it is difficult for them to access. Corner cabinets do not need to spell disaster for your kitchen space. There are many ways to make your space functional without losing the visual appeal.
- Out of sight out of mind: Use your cabinets to help hide some of the eye sores in your kitchen. At Superior Stone & Cabinet, we offer hundreds of storage solutions for your kitchen cabinets so you can hide smelly garbage bins or store kitchen sponges.
- Easy Access: Cooking can be difficult if you don’t have easy access to the items you need most. If you can’t reach your spices as quickly as possible or find that cutting board to chop up your vegetables, it could throw off the entire cooking process. If you know you use certain items in your kitchen more than others, make sure to keep those within arms reach in your kitchen cabinets.
Your kitchen should be a place you want to spend your time in. If it does not look the way you want, you are less likely to want to spend your time cooking and entertaining. There are variety of colors and styles when it comes to selecting your kitchen cabinets. When selecting your cabinet of choice, it is important to consider your personal style as well as interior trends. If you look to sell your home in the future, the kitchen will be the “make it, or break it” point.
2016 Kitchen Cabinet Trends
We know that trends can come and go; however, when it comes to your kitchen cabinets, trends that are popular now can last a lifetime. Not much has changed from 2015 going into 2016, but there are subtle improvements to cabinet trends.
- Personalized Cabinets: Your kitchen should be a reflection of your personality! Cabinet suppliers are finding styles to match your personal aesthetic, so your kitchen doesn’t look like all of the rest.
- Clean and sophisticated: To ensure the design of your kitchen lasts for many years to come, it is important to incorporate a sleek design into your kitchen. We suggest to our clients to go easy on the embellishments.
- Neutral Tones: White kitchen cabinets were a popular trend in 2015, and that is not going anywhere in 2016. More minimalistic colors will dominate the space.
- Functionality: Kitchen spaces are not just about looks. More and more homebuyers are looking for functional add-ons in the kitchen. When remodeling your kitchen, think about incorporating hidden storage within your cabinets.
- Shaker Style: Shaker style cabinets have always been a popular choice for homeowners. It is a classic style that has lasted for many years and has began to gain momentum and popularity in recent years. The clean lines work well in both modern and classic homes.
If you are ready to get started on your 2016 kitchen remodeling project, our team of experts at Superior Stone & Cabinet are here to make your dream a reality. Our 60,000 sq/ft showroom in Phoenix is fully stocked with hundreds of cabinet styles and storage options. Schedule your FREE estimate today to make your kitchen dream a reality!